Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I understand a lot of you might not use neck straps on your curved sops, but I would like to.

For those who do, or have successfully, which brand/model was useful?
Is it necessary to modify a normal neck strap to fit?
In case it is necessary, this is for a vintage Buescher Curved sop.

Thanks!

Added: Making one wouldnt be a problem for me, so if any of you have any experience in this, please chime in.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,160 Posts
Yanigisawa makes a nice short neck strap that comes with their curved models. You have to find one 2nd hand - I don't believe you can buy one new.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes, that strap that came with my yani sop is great! It was my favorite until my daughter lost it. :crybaby:

That said, I recently bought a Planet Waves alto/soprano strap from Dave Hoskins (Junkdude.com), and I'm now using it for sop, alto, and tenor. I like it a lot.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,492 Posts
BG makes an excellent strap for curved sop. It is a nylon bootlace style strap. Really cool. Comes in small and extra small sizes.

Works fine for mine :tongue8: :toothy7: :toothy7: :toothy10: :yikes!: :arrgh: :white: :argue3: :eek:ccasion: :homework:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008
4,046 Posts
Neotech wick-it junior sized strap with the plastic swivel hook so you can turn the hook to the side and get it out of the way of your left hand thumb. You can get them from saxplus.com

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist TSGT(Ret)USAF
1,390 Posts
1920's string neck strap...
perfect for the 1926 Conn Curved Soprano silver with gold inner bell

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,492 Posts
The strap that came with my sax was good too but it was made with very nasty nylon and had a plastic dogclip that made my sax tend to constantly fall off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts