Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
28,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be with the Naptown Brass Band back at Mother's Grille in Federal Hill (Baltimore) Saturday May 14th, this time opening for Shamarr Allen, a New Orleans trumpeter who's played with Rebirth and has his own thing going these days. I don't have all the details as of yet, but will update this post accordingly when ticket sales are up and running. So in the meantime, save the date!

Facebook

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
4,916 Posts
Shamarr’s a prince who gives the gift of music (and trumpets) to kids! I didn’t know that until after I got to play with him and looked him up. Galactic is also a band he plays with frequently. Have fun!!!

·
28,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, this is another great opportunity for us. The owner really digs brass band music and we've opened up a couple times for Rebirth at his club in Baltimore. We also play our own gigs at his Arnold franchise. He's really good to us.

·
28,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I've got more info for the show this weekend. It's going to be a Saturday late afternoon/early evening show. We go on at 4pm for an hour set before Shamarr Allen takes it home. Tickets are twenty bucks and here's a link to the site:

SHAMARR ALLEN | Mother's Grille (mothersgrille.com)

Really, really psyched to see Shamarr. And not only that, but we'll have our best trombonist with us, Lionel (the L Train), and he's a real treat right out of Baltimore. Since he's come on board we're at a whole new level. Incredible player and fun to play with.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,517 Posts
Great to hear y'all performed and escaped unscathed!

Not even accosted by the Squeegee Boys!!?? Of course, not sure they're out on the weekend, but still, quite the nuisance...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
Sax, Flute, Keyboard, Vocal
6,230 Posts
Grumps I'm happy you and your band are busy .We did a gig last saturday and it was fun > K

·
28,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah, because of what happened the day before, we weren't sure if enough people would post to make up a good crowd. But no, people came and I am now a huge Shamarr Allen fan. I posted details of him sitting in with us and vice versa on another thread:

Shoutout to Shamarr Allen | Sax on the Web Forum

There's a short clip, but unfortunately it has to be downloaded from the cloud as it's not otherwise posted online.... yet. But yeah, we're working every weekend now for pretty much the whole Summer. This weekend we're playing two days at a local blues fest, as well as a graduation party. It can be work, but I can't complain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts