Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
28,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be with the Naptown Brass Band back at Mother's Grille in Federal Hill (Baltimore) Saturday May 14th, this time opening for Shamarr Allen, a New Orleans trumpeter who's played with Rebirth and has his own thing going these days. I don't have all the details as of yet, but will update this post accordingly when ticket sales are up and running. So in the meantime, save the date!

Facebook

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
4,828 Posts
Shamarr’s a prince who gives the gift of music (and trumpets) to kids! I didn’t know that until after I got to play with him and looked him up. Galactic is also a band he plays with frequently. Have fun!!!

·
28,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, this is another great opportunity for us. The owner really digs brass band music and we've opened up a couple times for Rebirth at his club in Baltimore. We also play our own gigs at his Arnold franchise. He's really good to us.

·
28,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I've got more info for the show this weekend. It's going to be a Saturday late afternoon/early evening show. We go on at 4pm for an hour set before Shamarr Allen takes it home. Tickets are twenty bucks and here's a link to the site:

SHAMARR ALLEN | Mother's Grille (mothersgrille.com)

Really, really psyched to see Shamarr. And not only that, but we'll have our best trombonist with us, Lionel (the L Train), and he's a real treat right out of Baltimore. Since he's come on board we're at a whole new level. Incredible player and fun to play with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts