Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great news for the repair techs "down under". A 2 day NAPBIRT Regional Clinic is being planned for Australia in June of 2012. It is my understanding that Curt Alterac will be one of the exhibitors/presenters at the clinic. One does not have to be a NAPBIRT member to attend regional clinics, since besides being educational they are also designed to demonstrate the benefits of membership to those who attend.

There are currently 20 NAPBIRT members listed for Australia and 1 in New Zealand. It certainly sounds like fun and if it is like the regional clinics I have attended, you will get far more than your money's worth should you attend.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
4,690 Posts
I was under the impression it was actually being held in melbourne

Whilst I had already intended to go to the conference (ps apparently gordon will be there as well..Might have a beer), and hopefully curt from MM and a few others may be doing clinics as well. Im curious what commercial gains can be given to those in the Australasian part of the world.

For me membership to an organisation is good, but it has to have some benefits to the members, irrespective of where they are.

If there are clinics happening at this get together then Ill probably also pay the airfares for my 2 guys as well. Clinics are good as you can see the possibilities of doing something different or perhaps I should say you can see and appreciate different approaches to the same tasks. However if there are no clinics at the conference then I would be hard pushed to justify the expense associated with myself flying 3000kms and a few days of lost work let alone taking a couple of employees / wages / lost work. Hopefully

·
Banned
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So where are you located in Australia? I know it is a large country. I hope I have given the correct information about the place. I am sure more information will be forthcoming as the event gets closer. Clinics are just that, where repair skills and techniques are demonstrated and taught. A lot of the learning takes place during the breaks and at lunch as well as techs "talk shop" with one another and share ideas. My rule of thumb is that if I learn just one new idea that makes my repair work better or faster, then the event was worthwhile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts