Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I was describing a problem in an earlier post and was corrected to my terminology on the description of a key, I called it an octave key, but its actually a register key.
Does anyone know of any links that show the proper terminologys used for describing the keys on the clarinet, I dont know how to describe them and would appreciate any help, example what is the key called that you press for b-a-g, its a cluster set, any help for this person would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Nicole

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
You will find info in Wikipedia that it is good for starters. I just did that search myself at www.wikipedia.org. Just put "clarinet" in the search box there and it'll appear with some diagrams as well plus links. :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,081 Posts
Nicky said:
Hi everyone, I was describing a problem in an earlier post and was corrected to my terminology on the description of a key, I called it an octave key, but its actually a register key.
Does anyone know of any links that show the proper terminologys used for describing the keys on the clarinet, I dont know how to describe them and would appreciate any help, example what is the key called that you press for b-a-g, its a cluster set, any help for this person would be greatly appreciated
From http://www.amati.cz/english/Service/parts/parts.htm you can download one of the spare parts catalogs (eg the one for the ACL-311) with all the proper part descriptions.

·
Distinguished Technician & SOTW Columnist. RIP, Yo
17,204 Posts
Nicky said:
Thanks tictactux exactly what I was after, Really really really appreciated
Nicole
Actually most of those names for keys are NOT what are commonly used. To clearly identify, the two notes associated with the key are usually mentioned, eg

F/C key. E/B key. E/B lever. F#/C# key. C#/G# key. Eb/Bb side key.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts