Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,991 Posts
A 37 had the C# on the same side as B and Bb....all on left side.

It's not a Special because it has the standard pinky table.

As you say, not a 35. Neither is it a 39.

This actually more resembles a Noblet than a Vito-branded horn, truthfully....

Is not a 38, because a 38 has RH bellkeys, and a 38 has the modern-style right-hinged pinky table:

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?189934-model-38-vs-39

It may well be 'none of the above'. Oftentimes horns came out of the Beaugnier factory with mix-and-match details, this has been discussed a bit in past threads....Could also be it was built as a Noblet ...then for whatever reason they needed to stamp one "Vito"....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
has the model 38.. adjustable cushion on low b flat not jeweled on the g# it has the slots for the adjustable switch

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
from all i could find ,i would say Lh bell special due to adjustable felt not jeweled ,g# mech can be mounted ,serial number falls under special

·
Registered
2,016 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
another clue gold springs /white thumb rest /green case i would say earlier too because of left hand bells but the earlier ones did not have adjustable felts and low c look different then earlier ..none the less its a player the neck is bent I'm thinking of just getting a new beaugnier because there soo cheap impressed I've had p mauriat/yas 61/yas custom z /martin comm these horn are solid built like mauriat with the vintage sound yamaha ease i recommend getting beagnier very underrated still

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,461 Posts
The Beaugnier Noblet Brand had a number of Alto Saxophones that had the B and Bb on the bell's left side but the C# on the right/back side of the bell there are a number of Noblet that say both Noble and Vito on them.

If it is #21586 I have the following note on it... "Vito on the bell with a beautiful engraving" - owners statement

And a question.... does it have a switch attached to the G# left hand pinkie key?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts