Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just got a protec case for my low A bari. The behemoth fits pretty nicely inside the case (I wish it were slightly more snug, but I'm not going to put a cheap horn in a case that costs almost as much as the horn itself), but there is a mystetrious thing inside the case. Is it a pillow to make the fit slightly more snug and add a little more padding? Is it a pouch to put the neck/mpc in and tuck them neatly into the bell? (there isn't a space in the case for the neck, as there is in my other protec cases)?

If any of you know, please enlighten!!

Thank you.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have the same case, it's to put your neck and/or mpc in the bell. Works great. I put both in, have separate smaller bags for each.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
2,090 Posts
I have one and , for the money, it's a great case. My horn was a little loose, top to bottom. I got an old Chivas Regal bag, filled it with foam and I put it at the top of the horn. it keeps it from shifting and it's a great excuse to buy some Chivas, or you can get a bartender to save one for you.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I actually turned mine into a wheeled case by modding an old collapsible luggage cart to fit the bottom end of the case and strapping it in with a couple of bungees. Light enough to
lift the whole thing into the back of the car, and very easy on the back wheeling it into the gig.

My bari is a low-Bb Super 20, it actually fits fairly snugly into the case, and I pad the extra "low-A space" in front of the bell with a rolled-up towel of the kind I always carry to gigs anyway. This is the second horn to occupy this case, haven't had any issues whatsoever.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
825 Posts
I put the neck in a black sock, then in the pouch. The sock can be washed periodically. You could use any color sock, of course.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I put the neck in a black sock, then in the pouch. The sock can be washed periodically. You could use any color sock, of course.
Funny you mention black socks, I did the same thing and started with that color then switched to kid-size white tube socks so I could see them better in the pouch and case in dimly lit rooms (i.e., gin mills) when packing up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts