Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought some yamaha fans might want to see my new ax. I'm a classical clarinetist dabbling in classical saxophone. I rented a selmer bundy and wanted something a little better, but maybe not that expensive.

I was just going to get my bundy tuned up and be happy with that after I saw some sax prices, but I came upon a pawn shop on vacation!

I saw this saxophone teetering on a guitar stand with the neck on the wrong way. I looked at the bell and saw allegro and quickly dismissed it as some Chinese no name horn.

But after I saw an empty yamaha case in the corner for a sax, I went back and looked and it was a yamaha. Having secetly wanting a yamaha intermediate sax but unable to afford box store prices, I got really excited.

I offered 700 and it was accepted and ran out of the store! It seems to be 575AL, which seems regarded well on these boards! Entry level professional or quality intermediate seems to be the consensus.

Seems the horn was rarely played as it's in near mint condition.

Yay!
20210707_095007.jpg
20210707_095046.jpg

Attachments

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,151 Posts
you did very well because it is a intermediate model, $700 isn’t little money but it is in comparison to what you got.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,501 Posts
Allegro horns are excellent instruments for the money.
I've tried the Allegro clarinets when my oldest was shopping for her first instrument, and they're very nice albeit a little 'vanilla' for my taste. We both play Selmer. She has an Omega, I have a Signature.
My youngest daughter has an Allegro trumpet and it's far better than the Bach variants she tested.
Lucky find. It should serve you well for many years.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,815 Posts
OK, cool find....question:

does it play up and down nicely ? Or is it giving you some trouble as far as speaking cleanly ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The key work is so much more solid on a higher level saxophone. This plays beautifully. It has the g1 neck which i guess is good and apparently the same body as the professional model. I find I can shape notes more and play with a larger dynamic range.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts