Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had a chance to upload some pics of my vito. It was overhauled a month ago. I generally like these french made vitos but this particular alto was my favorite. It's kind of weired that this alto has a slightly bigger bell than other vitos I've owned. It also has a lil darker lacquer finish on it. It plays much like large bore horns, especially bottom register such as keilwerth but still got a french vibe in it.

Here are some pics of the horn. I used black Roo pads with black dome shaped plastic resos. I very much like these plastic resos than metal resonators on the Vito.
Figerings on vito altos are good in general and much better than their tenor counterparts. I could get a decent intonation.

Enjoy!

http://s860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/jazzmadness/Vito Alto Overhauled/?albumview=slideshow

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
jazzmadness, I also noted that the Model 38 altos (I love mine also) has a bell diameter of 5 1/8" while the Kenosha altos, Models 35 and 37 altos all have a 4 15/16" bell... Your horn is a 'looker', and I know it is a 'player'... Sweet altos these...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,831 Posts
They are awesome Altos (Model 38 Tenors aren't bad either!). Bought my Model 38 on here. Mine had a bouncy G# though, but got that fixed w/a "helper" spring. No more bouncy :) .

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are awesome Altos (Model 38 Tenors aren't bad either!). Bought my Model 38 on here. Mine had a bouncy G# though, but got that fixed w/a "helper" spring. No more bouncy :) .
I believe the alto you are enjoying was sold by me. :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,831 Posts
I believe the alto you are enjoying was sold by me. :)
Probably :) . I can't remember that far back ;) . Awesome sax though (after a few setup adjustments). Pads do stick on occasion, but no worse than a friend's 56 Mark VI Tenor. Could be the new pads, w/the light action. Glad it has Selmer platic resos though. My Superba II Tenor has the same Resos (for some reson, never have liked the metal resos, generally).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts