Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a junior in high school that plays tenor, alto, and calrinet, and I am now looking at soprano to further advance my skills and range. I'm about to turn sixteen and instead of getting a car, I asked for a soprano. So me and my mom have been searching around (with a budget of $500 dollars) and I have found a few that maybe or may not be good. So I'd greatly appreciate any advice and help. I've talked to my private lesson teacher a bit and have researched and read reviews.

There are three that I've found (B.T.W. I'm looking for an inermediate to profressional instrument, because I play at an advanced playing level, and I want an instrument that I can use through the rest of high school and college.)
The first is a Stephanhouser SSS700 Series straight Sopraano Sax. on woodwindbrasswind.com
The second is an Allora Vienna Series intermediate straight soprano sax. also at woodwindbrasswind.com
The third is a J&K Artist series straight soprano sax at
http://www.mcgillmusic.com/site/J_and_S_Artist_Series_Soprano_Sax_JSS-200.html

So with my limited saxophone knowledge I would apperciae any help and feedback that anyone can give me. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you dave. I'll take that into concideration and talk to my mom and lesson techer. Also my appolgies for the JK and J&S mix up. I might just have to save up for a little longer and wait for chirstmas (Or graduation) until I can afford a quality soprano, and not take a chance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I deffinately will do that. Thank you so much for the recomendation. I will look into it, and thank you once again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts