Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My refacing shop is now open! At this point, I've been working at learning the craft for just under a year and a half, and have completed 12 mouthpiece jobs for other musicians. I've waited to set up my website until I felt like I had something positive to offer the saxophone community, and am ready to expand now. I'm really excited about this, and have found that the experience of listening to what a player's goals for a mouthpiece are, doing the refacing/repair work on their mouthpiece, and then hearing them play on it after the work is finished (or simply getting their feedback if they live far away) is very rewarding. I'm hoping to do more of this type of work, and have started an add-on page to my website dedicated to mpc refacing in hopes that it'll help to expand my work load in this craft.

This site includes my refacing rates, details about my methods, pictures, sound clips of some pieces I've worked on in the past (all recorded by me for now, although I'm hoping to get some clips of clients playing on their mpcs in the future to post here), a customer quotes section, and a longer article at the bottom about some of my thoughts on mouthpiece refacing and how I became interested in it. The direct link to this site is:
http://www.mattmarantz.com/Site/Mouthpieces.html

Please let me know if anything on the site is too hard to read, too hard to see, if it takes too long to load, or if it's too unorganized! That would be most helpful.

If you're interested in having some work done on a mouthpiece, please give me a shout! You can either contact me via private message at this website, or please feel free to use the contact section on my own site for email.

Also, the Selmer Soloist pictured on the website which started out with orange oxidation all over it & a busted tip is owned by the member YAY SAXOPHONE at this forum. To read what he had to say about the work, please visit the quotes section of my site. All the best,

Matt

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,315 Posts
I miss my Baton Rouge, LA...I am in RI now, and its ok, but you cant compare to the food in Louisiana. Good luck with your refacing business.....what kind of turnaround do you have?

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Vandlay! Appreciate it man.

Hey Raphyel, oh really? Nice, yes I used to pass through Baton Rouge everytime on the way to or from Dallas. There ain't much to see on the highways between New Orleans and Dallas, but there is this camel farm about 60 miles east of Dallas right on the highway that's kinda funny to see, I mean what are they doing raising camels in east Texas anyway? RI huh, that's cool I've actually got a friend from there named Leland who I refaced a mpc for, really good sax player. Only passed through Providence but I've never spent any time there.

Well, my turnaround time is usually really fast, I'll usually only keep the mpc for a few days (if possible) before returning it. I like to have a day or so to play on them after they're done to make sure the mouthpieces are responding as hoped for. There may come a time when there's a back-log, but for right now I'm in the position to get them out in a few days. I'll always let folks know if there's gonna be a wait though, and come to think of it that'd be a good thing to add to the site. Thanks for mentioning that Raphyel.

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks Rob! Nice to "see" you on here! Hope all is well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts