Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Back with another C Melody Sax video. A bunch of people have requested to hear a ballad on this instrument, so here it is! One of the most beautiful of all time - "My One and Only Love." Let me know what you think, and if you have other song ideas let me know!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Besides your incredible/tone/ideas I'm impressed that you can adjust around the the funky intonation so well.
I have a C and gave up.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I was kinda hoping for "Songbird" ... but this will tide me over ! :mrgreen:

·
3,920 Posts
That’s some great playing Dave. Proof a C Mel can put on a great show. Would be nice to see more sax in the frame/ picture.
6 1/2 minutes went really quick.
From the micro tuner I’m guessing it’s a Conn NW1. I’m curious to what mouthpiece you have. It looks like if you pulled it out any farther it would fall off. The cork on a micro tuner is really short.

Corcovado Could be a good song on a C.

·
Forum Contributor 2013-2017
687 Posts
Tasty! I really enjoyed that. I see the Chosen One has taught you well, young apprentice :).

Thanks much for sharing,
Kenneth

·
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s some great playing Dave. Proof a C Mel can put on a great show. Would be nice to see more sax in the frame/ picture.
6 1/2 minutes went really quick.
From the micro tuner I’m guessing it’s a Conn NW1. I’m curious to what mouthpiece you have. It looks like if you pulled it out any farther it would fall off. The cork on a micro tuner is really short.

Corcovado Could be a good song on a C.
Thanks! It’s just my alto Meyer...there is a C-Melody mouthpiece in the case but it sounds awful.

As far as the framing of the shot, I wanted to keep the acoustic shield out of it so if I went any lower that’s what you’d see blocking me. Maybe I’ll do a side-shot next time!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I haven't tried a Conn C, I have a Buescher which acts more like a tenor.
I tried alto mpcs on it and the top was good but bottom weak.
I have a Morgan 6* C piece which works the best but still has intonation issues.
Maybe the Conn is better especially with an alto MPC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts