Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an Otto Link Tonemaster on eBay from Marin Spavik, I think he posts here as Horned Toad. I had never played a vintage link and did not know Marin so I was taking a bit of a flyer on it. I have played and owned a number of modern production mouthpieces. I have had the tonemaster now for about a month and I am just blown away by the mouthpiece and the quality of Marins work. I guess many of you guys will have experience of these pieces but for me it was a revelation. The tone is rich and complex and consistent over the whole range of the sax. In particular the top end of the horn is rich and lush. On many modern mouthpieces that I have tried my tone has thinned out at the top end. The tone is just what I have been hoping to achieve and has a rich vintage character to it.

Marin was a lovely guy to deal with and took a great deal of pride in his work and was very keen that I was happy with the mouthpiece I had bought. He comes across as a real enthusiast and master craftsman.

I am new to this forum but haven't seen much written about Marins work. I would wholeheartedly recommend him for any mouthpiece work that people might need or if anyone is looking for a vintage mouthpiece.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts