Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Excuse me while I congratulate myself on my incredible find . It took many years to find the right deal on what I was looking for, but my patience has paid off. I have wonderful alto and tenor Keilwerth Bundy Specials that are fantastic. Now I have found my long awaited Bundy Special low Bb baritone sax. I got And a killer deal for this extremely clean original condition horn. The vast majority of these were used as school instruments and just hacked and smashed up to death. Finding one in this condition is like finding a hen’s tooth! When I come home for Thanksgiving I will get my hands on this and soon get it a full OH.

I have a good friend with very similar Couf Superba 1 low B-flat Bari that is incredible. This will match my low A Conn DJH Modified Keilwerth 1980s stencil very nicely.

View attachment 245900 View attachment 245902 View attachment 245904 View attachment 245906 View attachment 245908

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
2,109 Posts
Beautiful!

I had one of those ex-school horns for a while and after owning and playing many baris, that Bundy Special had the fattest most powerful to e of them all. I love my current arsenal, but would gladly invite one of these back into the folder if the opportunity presented itself.

I’m really happy for you, enjoy every minute of it!

·
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful!

I had one of those ex-school horns for a while and after owning and playing many baris, that Bundy Special had the fattest most powerful to e of them all. I love my current arsenal, but would gladly invite one of these back into the folder if the opportunity presented itself.

I’m really happy for you, enjoy every minute of it!
Thank you! These vintage Keilwerths are absolute crazy sleepers right? My alto and tenor Bundy specials are incredible instruments. If this bari is anything like them and according to you it is, then I hit the jackpot this time.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have. a Keilwerth low Bb baritone myself, it's stenciled Armstrong. It has a huge tone and it plays beautifully from bottom to top. The Keilwerth baritones are always great finds that can be purchased undervalued. I use a 130/3 HR Berg as my primary mpc.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,998 Posts
One of my favorite bighorns. The Coufs are a little comfier under the fingers, but I sell these Bundy Specials, King Tempos, etc all the time and they always please their new owners.

·
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of my favorite bighorns. The Coufs are a little comfier under the fingers, but I sell these Bundy Specials, King Tempos, etc all the time and they always please their new owners.
Cool! My Bundy Special Alto and tenor are ergonomically the best horns I’ve ever played as well as being incredibly outstanding players with beautiful flexible tone and super free blowing and fun to play. Just monster horns. All of the old American made baritones I’ve played were absolute nightmares. I recently tried a 1940s Buescher aristocrat Bari that Sounded incredible but was the most uncomfortable saxophone I’ve ever picked up...

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,408 Posts
Got one called 'La Sete' mine was a beater so, much work had been done. Super players though, and the big bell flare looks the business too! Best to keep quiet on this subject else the prices will suddenly start to go up...... American big sound with modern-(ish) key work-they record well BTW.

·
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shhhh! Our secret...
It was many years of waiting and searching to find a deal on a clean original. Probably 95% of them are basket cases.

Got one called 'La Sete' mine was a beater so, much work had been done. Super players though, and the big bell flare looks the business too! Best to keep quiet on this subject else the prices will suddenly start to go up...... American big sound with modern-(ish) key work-they record well BTW.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yep! The King Tempo I bought from you back in March/April this year has been an incredibly fun horn. It has good intonation and a nice full sound that I was looking for.

And I'm using basic mouthpieces. I don't like the plastic feel, but the Yamaha 5C mouthpiece sounds great and plays well.

·
7,904 Posts
Is La Sete a Keilwerth or Dorfler and Jorka horn?
I only ask because I had a La Sete Professional Tenor that was made by Dorfler and Jorka.
It was an almost direct copy of the Keilwerth New King.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,998 Posts
Yep! The King Tempo I bought from you back in March/April this year has been an incredibly fun horn. It has good intonation and a nice full sound that I was looking for.

And I'm using basic mouthpieces. I don't like the plastic feel, but the Yamaha 5C mouthpiece sounds great and plays well.
Yes that was a good horn, glad you are enjoying her !!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
Picked up a sax in 2002 and here I am.
2,025 Posts
Nice score!

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,502 Posts
Excuse me while I congratulate myself on my incredible find . It took many years to find the right deal on what I was looking for, but my patience has paid off. I have wonderful alto and tenor Keilwerth Bundy Specials that are fantastic. Now I have found my long awaited Bundy Special low Bb baritone sax. I got And a killer deal for this extremely clean original condition horn. The vast majority of these were used as school instruments and just hacked and smashed up to death. Finding one in this condition is like finding a hen’s tooth! When I come home for Thanksgiving I will get my hands on this and soon get it a full OH.

I have a good friend with very similar Couf Superba 1 low B-flat Bari that is incredible. This will match my low A Conn DJH Modified Keilwerth 1980s stencil very nicely.

View attachment 245900 View attachment 245902 View attachment 245904 View attachment 245906 View attachment 245908
Larry you still playing this horn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts