Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got me one of these folding Hercules stands.

Very happy with it, good finnish, stable, easy to fold/ unfold, compact to carry. And for the price it´s amazing!!!

Highly recommend it!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Absolutely! Hercules stands are boss! I've beat mine all up and it hasn't failed me once! They have a low center of gravity and don't tip easily!

If find that you want one that you can pack in your case, try the Hercules TravLite series. They pack up in the bell inside a padded sock that keeps them from sinking too far down the bell, and keeps it from scratching! That's my favorite of their products! I have a Hercules for each of my horns and a double stand in my office!

Wait til' you've had it 2 years and it still works great and looks good- then you'll know it was a good investment!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
+1!! I love my Hercules stand. I'll have to check out the TravLite, tho the standard model collapses pretty darn compactly for a tote bag as it is...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts
The main thing I like about the Hercules is how it adjusts for alto and tenor. When I was using a Hamilton, that bottom brace would rest on my alto's low C# key.

I will say that once it gets worn in a bit, the joints don't sit as solid as they do when it's new. So the vertical part that comes out of the base is able to rock back and forth a bit. That part of it has always made me a little uneasy.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
A thumbs up from me also.I got the triple sax Hercules stand for 3 horn gigs,folds down amazing.For just tenor gigs though i use the Saxrax tenor stand,thats fantastic.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I superglued a thin strip of metal to the bottom of the vertical piece so that it hits the base when locked in place so it cannot move when I put my tenor on the stand. A friend has an older version of the stand that does not have locks on the side pieces, like my flute, clarinet, picc stand. I've had to tighten them up so the stand doesn't fold up if I try to slide it on the floor.

Otherwise I really like Hercules stands, especially the flute, clar, and soprano pegs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts