Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/MKVII fanatic/Forum Cont
1,211 Posts
seems it's a fairly early VII alto, silver plated; they're excellent horns, IMO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When he opened the case, I almost knew I was going to buy it...it just looks that nice.

But after playing it there wasn't a doubt I was going to buy it.

I almost didn't get it because I didn't have the money right away, and I didn't see the horn for probably 2 months.

I paid $1,700...how would you rate the price?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind words.

I like the way the picture using natural light came out, really shows the true colors and how it is worn.

Anyone know a ballpark for what these sell for?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Jefferson said:
Thanks for the kind words.

I like the way the picture using natural light came out, really shows the true colors and how it is worn.

Anyone know a ballpark for what these sell for?
it depends --- most of the time around $1600-$2,000

Let Me know if you ever sell it :D

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,571 Posts
Not a chance...

Ohhhhh never say never.

Eventually you'll look to see if the saxophone grass is greener and then the next thing you know you will be wheeling and dealing thinking about the next great saxophone soon to be coming your way and then you'll think about that nice silver VII thinking maybe you should have kept it.

But what fun would that be?

Nice buy! Enjoy it... cause you will sell it!:D

HUTMO

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008
4,046 Posts
Yeah you got a very fair price for this horn. The VII altos are considered the best of any altos Selmer has ever made. Honestly the seller could have gotten $2200 out of this horn without much of a problem.

·
1,211 Posts
I'll probably be buried with mine; I know that sounds selfish when someone else could get a lot of pleasure out of playing it, but I just don't think they'll be able to pry it out of my cold dead hands.

MVII alto M255XXX, honey gold, fully engraved, blue S......mint

fantastic (yeah, I'm prejudiced, lol.)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
35,122 Posts
Wow, that was uncalled for. A person buys a horn because it plays well and they like it and YOU call them a snob?

OK, what do you play?

Nevermind, don't answer. I don't care. It's your choice.

·
1,211 Posts
lol....I think Lola was joking about the Selmer snob, a comment meant for me probably as we're old friends and she has several Selmers herself including several Mark VI's & a Mark VII. She knows how well a VII alto plays.

·
Registered
198 Posts
what do I play?

'Hot Cross Buns' on any of 4 Mark VIs or one Mark VII
(used to be able to on a coupla SIIs that have now moved on to more capable players)

yes, AG is correct; I am old, older than any of the horns

1 - 20 of 38 Posts