Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
Unfortunately, not as much as you'd like. While it says "400" on the bell, it's really an Aristocrat from the very late '60s. It appears to be a pristine horn from the pics, but a similar one of these at a dealer, Vintage Sax in this case, which will need nothing and comes with a guarantee is only listed at $1400. A private seller will always get less, particularly on a horn that has sat for a very long time and will likely need work to bring it back to life.

My best guess? $700 tops, but I'd expect it would go for less in an auction. Great horn, just not a big draw.

Here's the link to her site. Look for the listing that says "400" with a serial number in the 600k range. http://www.vintagesax.com/tenor.html.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,332 Posts
I cannot see how anyone can ask $1400 for this vintage of Buescher, even if fully overhauled. That's pretty darn absurd.

These are not bad horns, but they are not the Classic, sought-after, "real Buescher" ones (these came after selmer bought out Buescher and dumbed-down all of their horns). On auction, maybe $700-800 in decent playing shape; less if it doesn't play up and down.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
7,879 Posts
That mouthpiece looks like a Link. Could you take a better picture of it? It may just be a valuable one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You were correct warp. It says link on it. I have no idea what ANY of this stuff is. You guys have been awesome and extremely helpful thus far in schooling me on this particular sax. Thanks again and here are pics of the mouth piece. 2011-05-19_13-37-48_97.jpg 2011-05-19_13-37-37_241.jpg 2011-05-19_13-37-31_77.jpg

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,299 Posts
Your original pictures seem to show a complete horn . . . neck goes into top end of the body and the mouthpiece slips over the end of the neck over the cork. Unless, the arm on the octave mechanism is missing, which doesn't show clearly in your photo. With the neck in its socket on the tube, there should be a little arm that rises slightly above the body neck-socket that fits under the neck's octave mechanism. DAVE

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,453 Posts
On eBay, I think it's range would be around $450 to $500'ish if you are some sort of established seller, and that's if you provide better pictures. Those pictures are saturated with the flash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts