Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to play a Yani 9 metal mouthpiece which is definitively a very good and universal mouthpiece. But I was looking for a more edgier sound for blues and rock performances. So I tried the PMS Guardala Studio Handmade.
My first impressions after three hours playing: Everything is easier, blowing, low tones, articulation, changes in volume and especially the altissimo register. It is like having played "with one foot on the brakes" for years and now having removed a hurdle. I fear that this good feeling of free and flexible blowing will go away as soon as I get used to the new mp. That's why I wanted to share my very first impression.
Regarding my original sound objective: I still sound like myself... What a surprise ;-) It might be that with further playing I will be able to exploit the "edgy potential" of my new mp but at the same time I am aware that the player himself is by far the most influencing sound factor.

Ivan

·
Registered
496 Posts
The Yani and the DG are 2 different beasts, and some of the freeness could be due to the smaller tip opening on the DG. Sounds like you are happy with your new setup, it's step one into finding your voice!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts