Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, SOTW! If you're going to be in Austin on March 6, come to the Ghost Room, downtown, on 4th in between Guadalupe and Lavaca, where I'll be leading a set of original modern jazz. My quartet is going to consist of some of my favorite musicians in town: Carter Arrington on guitar, Mike St.Clair on bass, and David Sierra on drums. These guys hit hard, so it's going to be funky and intense. We'll be playing my music, plus a couple tunes I didn't write (but wish I did).

It may be on a Sunday, but the show won't be TOO late... first group is on at 8pm, we should be up between 9 and 10pm. Come check it out if you're in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Break a leg, kid! We moved from Austin over five years ago and I STILL miss it. It's THE place to be in Texas. Have a great time and all the best to you in your career as a musician.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
Hey Brian, any chance of recording the performance and posting a couple of tracks?

·
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Brian, any chance of recording the performance and posting a couple of tracks?
Yeah man, I'm going to try to get someone to do some video, or at least audio, of the set. We're going on minimum rehearsal, so it's not gonna be clean, but that might not be such a bad thing. I'll definitely update here if I get something good on tape.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
just checked your website....great soundfiles....thats my idea of a soprano sound!! have a great gig!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
Yeah man, I'm going to try to get someone to do some video, or at least audio, of the set. We're going on minimum rehearsal, so it's not gonna be clean, but that might not be such a bad thing. I'll definitely update here if I get something good on tape.
Great Brian, I am sure many would love to hear you and the group live, myself included.

Have fun!

·
2,640 Posts
I think Gary is in Austin. You should send him a pm and invite him out. If it was my gig I would ask him to sit in just because it's FREEKIN GARY, lol. He is a nice guy with a lot of insight. You sound better and better all the time Brian.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Tony Campise is the man!!!!!!

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
I think Gary is in Austin. You should send him a pm and invite him out. If it was my gig I would ask him to sit in just because it's FREEKIN GARY, lol. He is a nice guy with a lot of insight. You sound better and better all the time Brian.
Oh, I've been lurking, LOL. I would love to come and just might. I haven't made much of it because I don't like plays for sympathy, but I have been having some serious multiple health problems since September and just don't have the late-night hang chops like I used to. Thanks for the nice words, though.

Tony Campise is the man!!!!!!
sirspinbad - "was" :bluewink:. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/statesman/obituary.aspx?n=tony-campise&pid=140462008 )

·
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gary, if you can make it out, come say hi, and if not, take care and rest up. There will definitely be more, and I'm going to try to get some earlier sets at the Elephant Room as soon as there's an opening. Mike Mordecai keeps that place booked WAY in advance, but I'm hoping to get on the list soon, and they do happy hour sets from time to time.

Tony Campise is well-missed by all.

·
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a quick update to the bill...

Starting the night off will be an Austin-based, Ornette-ish quartet called E.C.F.A.

After my group, Gil Del Bosque's quintet will close. I think Gil's Master's recital at UT is the next day, so everyone come out and heckle him to toughen him up!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts