Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Self confessed GAS monster! Forum Contributor 2013
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something different I guess,
My "other half", Katherine, has recently taken up writing short stories, poems and such and started her own website, she has NEVER recorded anything before so we had a little idea and that was to combine her literature and my sax/music, so, cutting to the chase, we recorded her 1st poem called "Without you", a poem dedicated to her late mother of recent years.
All comments are welcome, bearing in mind Katherine is Norwegian and with probably better English than me :) and she has NEVER recorded before I think she has done great, I am proud of her.
We hope to do more along this line, varying music and ways of reading.

https://soundcloud.com/wat_wordsandtales%2Fwithout-you
And if you are interested, Katherine's web page: http://www.wordsandtales.com/

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
That was terrific, Ian! I'm thinking that Katherine's English may be better than mine! If you would care for some very minor constructive criticism........

It was a beautiful poem. It should be spoken a little more slowly; it seemed just a bit rushed. I've always liked your sax playing but it should have been just a little more in the background to showcase the poem. However, this is obviously all subjective. Someone else may well feel differently. All things considered, it was excellent!!

Regards,
George

·
Self confessed GAS monster! Forum Contributor 2013
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was terrific, Ian! I'm thinking that Katherine's English may be better than mine! If you would care for some very minor constructive criticism........

It was a beautiful poem. It should be spoken a little more slowly; it seemed just a bit rushed. I've always liked your sax playing but it should have been just a little more in the background to showcase the poem. However, this is obviously all subjective. Someone else may well feel differently. All things considered, it was excellent!!

Regards,
George
Thanks, and after listening back I agree with you points 100%, will remix it and repost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts