Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bari back from repairs about a month ago and i don't want to take it back in. My C sharp pinky key closes my B and B flat keys and doesn't even attempt to open the C sharp pad. I was wondering if anyone had any information about what I could do to save my bari from another bill. If it helps at all it's a P. Mauriat Le Bravo 200. Thank you.
Here's a link to a video of what's going on if need be: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16G7EMQSygWMoPbCzDLxTBbk6BCKoQHvz/view?usp=drivesdk

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Thanks for the video. That helps a lot. The most likely cause is that the C# touch has been bent and is making contact with the low Bb touch. That would close the low Bb and B which in turn prevents the low C# from opening because of it's connection to low B. This is a common problem since the C# touch is the one on the outside of the table so it is the first one that makes contact when the sax is laid on its side on a hard surface.

I generally try to diagnose where the keys are touching or rubbing and insert a "pad slick" between the two at that location and carefully "pry" the low C# touch out and away from the Bb. If you don't have a pad slick, a small butter knife is a good substitute. There is one other thing that I would check is that the small rod that extends from the low C# touch and travels back and forth in the channel attached to the low Bb moves freely. Good luck. Hope this helps.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,342 Posts
Most techs guarantee their work for a month or so. Take it back and have them make it right.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
40,033 Posts
Just as well most techs here guarantee their work in the NL at least one year. take it back

1 - 5 of 5 Posts