Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from my thread a year or two ago - http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?126740-My-band-s-single, in which lots of people said some very nice things about our music, I thought I'd post a bit of an update!

We released an album in August last year, which seems to be doing quite well. We're about to run out of our first stock of 1000 CDs and are going to order some more. The album's called "Six Against Eight", and we filmed a video at Portmeirion in Wales (the setting of the original Prisoner TV series) to promote the title track:

In the year since then, we've been busy working on new stuff, and have a new EP (and 7" single) out called "Meshkalina" - a cover of a 60s Peruvian rock anthem(!) There's no official video up, but someone in the crowd took a video on a camcorder and posted it online:

Hope you enjoy the tunes :)

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Good band with obviously commercial market intent. Excellent visuals with very professional filming and editing.

Not a comment for your video alone, but generally towards "music videos" is how unnecessary it is to show the band lip sinking and playing in ridiculous situations. You have a short story that's interesting and the music is a good match. Why muck it up? Movies do well with the music and sound effects pushing the visuals. Would you think it appropriate to suddenly see the musicians out of context pop up in a movie? Wish the music industry would get over itself with these stupid "the band must be seen" videos.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting point, and I don't really know the answer. The video for Meshkalina has no band miming or lip syncing, however. It should be ready in the next few weeks :)

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Interesting point, and I don't really know the answer. The video for Meshkalina has no band miming or lip syncing, however. It should be ready in the next few weeks :)
There is no answer, just a point of view that's probably not shared by many who have grown up with music videos and just accept this rather tired formula. I've never known what drives this: the music group needing to be seen, perceived fan adoration requiring seeing the group, producer/director's adherence to formulae = success?

Anyway, was never a criticism of your group or music. You cook well and I'm looking forward to hearing (seeing?) your next video. Cheers!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The video for the new single is finally ready! This is the studio recording of the live track Meshkalina from the original post above. No miming this time ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts