Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, SOTW community! I'm pretty excited to be bringing my band, Progger, international for the first time. We're playing at the Rex Hotel in Toronto on Monday Sept 7, and I'd love to hang with you fine saxophonists of the Great White North. I love the Rex and it's been years since I've been there, so I'm really looking forward to it. Toronto is one of my very favorite cities. We'll have the really phenomenal vocalist Melissa McMillan with us as well, so there will be a pretty big variety of jams happening.

We'll also be in Cincinnati on Sept 8 (at Urban Artifact), followed by Nashville on the 10th (BLDG), Boca Raton FL on the 12th (Funky Buddha), Miami FL on the 13th (Lagniappe), Atlanta GA on the 15th (Aisle Five), and Baltimore MD on the 17th (Hippo Hut). It's gonna be a lot of miles. But it's gonna be fun. Come say hi and bob your head to some fusion if you're in any of those towns!

For your (hopeful) amusement, here are our most recent tunes/videos. Cheers!

·
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, 10mfan! I'd love to meet you in Boca, come say hi if you make it to the show. We'll be sharing the bill with another great fusion group out of Miami called Electric Kif, they're pretty fantastic. Should be a great little Florida run, our very first time playing in the sunshine state! Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
MKVI Alto Berg-95/0
523 Posts
Sorry we missed you all.
Now for the big question..... How often do you break a reed when you switch to the keyboard? :D
Will give a listen to your vocalist.

·
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, yawl! We had a total blast on the tour, and can't wait to do it again. :) Thanks to anyone who came out and represented. Our next couple shows are in NYC, but we'll have more interstate/international dates posted in the coming months, as well as some new video action that I'll link to here on the forum. Love all of yas!

CaneMutiny, to answer your question, I have yet to break a reed in the switch from keys to sax or vice versa (knock on wood). I'm much more likely to chip a reed doing something much more stupid and much less worthy. Like hitting myself in the teeth with my mouthpiece. Or swinging my horn around too fast and clipping a mic stand because I'm taking a swig of whiskey. Or something like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts