Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I couldn't be happier! This is my first High End Professional Sax and it's Fantastic!

I mulled over the decision to get this or a Yamaha Custom Z and I'm SO happy I went with the Yanagisawa!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,962 Posts
Pictures or it didn't happen. :twisted: :bluewink:

TW020 next???

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,962 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
My first professional Alto I bought for myself was an A992 so I can relate to your excitement. The horrible thing was is that I loaned it to my little brother saying that he could use it as long as he wanted. Well 3 years later I inquired about it and was wanting to get it back if he wasn't using it only to find out that HE SOLD IT!!! I can't be mad at my little brother, but I almost made an exception. BTW, after having owned several Yanagisawas, I've decided that I prefer the brass models and not just for the price differential. But I would say I might be in a minority.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was it this one in the Marketplace?

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?362250-Yanagisawa-AWO20-Elite-Bronze-Alto-Sax-for-sale

Silvercamper has had a few sweet horns for sale lately.

P.S. USA Horn may have one: https://www.usahorn.net/products/a-992-alto (Yes, the URL says "992", but the horn in the link is a A-W020).
I did get it from Silvercamper, but I am not able to get into the Marketplace. He had it advertised elsewhere and we came to an agreement. The horn is like new. Looks like it's never been played!

I also picked up the Vito Tenor from Mark who is on here as well. It's also a very sweet horn!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I love the look of bronze. Congrats!

·
Registered
190 Posts
The AWO20 is an awesome horn. The bronze does look great. I’m not sure that tonal difference between the awo10 and Awo20 (for me) is worth the price difference. But Yanagisawa is a perfect horn.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,136 Posts

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,878 Posts
I have one of these. Excellent alto!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts