Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recentley bought a nickel plated Conn New Wonder tenor, #115,xxx for very good money. the catch was it was missing the neck. I'd love an original, or close to it. Anybody got one lying around? Also looking for alternatives: I've heard that ANY Conn from the 20's to 60's will fit. is this true? Will a Bundy? Any suggestions? again, i'd love one from that time period. The only 10M tenor neck I can find on Ebay is listed at $499 and he's sticking to it! Thanks!

I'm also missing the body post which holds the pivot screw for the low C# rod and also the screw for the alt Eb (i believe it is). the post would be located at the bottom of the body, just as it curves around and the bell begins.
http://saxpics.com/?v=gal&a=672
if you look at the above picture of this Conn, you'll see what i mean. look at the 1st picture. any leads or solutions, much appreciated!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian
7,107 Posts
I own a 1950s 16M tenor that's kind of trashed, but the neck is in great shape. The lever is already nickel so it would match your horn.
Can you send PMs yet with only 2 postings? If not email me at pwlsax AT gmail DOT com.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts