Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay what happens even after you tell the guy after opening the case that this is a fairly expensive saxophone in mint condition and he tells you he doesn't care as it was his brother in-laws with more than a slight hint of animosity. I will tell you what happened.. I flipped him a Benjamin and got in my car and sped away never looking back. It's a Selmer Aristocrat AS600L. To top it all off it had two mouthpieces and one of them is a Meyer so please don't tell me it wasn't worth a $100 as the mouthpiece costs more than that. :ROFLMAO: Going to see if my friends son wants to learn sax as he will have a pretty decent instrument for a great price.

So I did warn him, so I am still a nice guy.. lol..:unsure:

Attachments

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,607 Posts
How much was the case:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Okay what happens even after you tell the guy after opening the case that this is a fairly expensive saxophone in mint condition and he tells you he doesn't care as it was his brother in-laws with more than a slight hint of animosity..
Maybe there’s the clue. Reminds me of the story (urban legend?) of an ex-wife in a nasty divorce case selling her ex-husband’s Porsche for some trivial amount. Salt in the wound, I suppose.

The photo with the bell makes it look like a small sax - a curved soprano.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Okay what happens even after you tell the guy after opening the case that this is a fairly expensive saxophone in mint condition and he tells you he doesn't care as it was his brother in-laws with more than a slight hint of animosity. I will tell you what happened.. I flipped him a Benjamin and got in my car and sped away never looking back. It's a Selmer Aristocrat AS600L. To top it all off it had two mouthpieces and one of them is a Meyer so please don't tell me it wasn't worth a $100 as the mouthpiece costs more than that. :ROFLMAO: Going to see if my friends son wants to learn sax as he will have a pretty decent instrument for a great price.

Actually.... I have never seen a case like that before..... looks like a really nice case as well!

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,139 Posts
well, done, but you are aware that Selmer France has nothing to do with this and that is, in all probability made in Vietnam?

Having said this, there is nothing wrrong with it

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
8,467 Posts
I picked up a Yamaha 23 for a decent price because it was left behind by an ex flat mate who hadn’t paid rent.
It wasn’t a $100 though.
But I was still happy enough.

·
41,139 Posts
happiness is a state of mind

·
Registered
Tenor, alto, Bb Clarinet, Flute
2,348 Posts

Yes you did the right thing. If he didn't accept your advice you're in the clear. You tried. How come those kinds of deals never happen for me?

·
Registered
192 Posts

All value is subjective!

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
3,765 Posts
The AS600 in my shop is stamped TAIWAN.

well, done, but you are aware that Selmer France has nothing to do with this and that is, in all probability made in Vietnam?

Having said this, there is nothing wrrong with it

·
41,139 Posts
The AS600 in my shop is stamped TAIWAN.
could be either way

We recently received our shipment of the all new Aristocrat Alto and Tenor Saxophones here in Australia. These horns are stamped Made in Vietnam.
Not made in China as suggested elsewhere. Our service technicians are impressed with the quality of these saxophones, with little or no adjustments required during a pre sale service. These saxophones come in a what seems to be a quality wood shell case, and a nice Rico accessory pack.
Selling here in AUS for $975.00 tax inclusive, these are selling very well upon release, and is sure to give Jupiter Student Saxophones and especially Yamaha student saxophones a run for their money.
See images at Selmer USA Aristocrat Alto Saxophone
Perhaps this is a different saxophone offered in USA?

If so, please do let me know.

Reactions: Grey Stone
1 - 20 of 21 Posts