Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear SOTWers, hope you can lend me your wisdom. I bought this vintage Conn Eagle alto piece in a bulk deal. I think it's been modified rather badly. please look at the photo-maybe you can tell what's been done to it and whether it can be improved at all. It sounds muffled. I think it's been shortened, too(possible tip chip?) the normal Conn Eagle length is 3,24 inches (8,25 cm) and mine is only 3,14 (8 cm). The left rail is uneven and from the inside feels bumpy, too. Anything that I can do myself at all (except throwing it away;)). I realise "take it to the professional" is an obvious choice, so apart from this advice is needed, thank you.
Hand Tire Finger Material property Tints and shades

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
@Qalina are you sure you what you have is a Conn Eagle? it should have a metal ring !
I’m not sure what material you can use to repair one of these. Maybe @lostcircuits, @10mfan or @MojoBari can suggest A patching material.
View attachment 127495
View attachment 127500
View attachment 127501
View attachment 127498
View attachment 127499
View attachment 127496
View attachment 127497
Thank you for taking time and posting the photos, it's fascinating-the variety of pieces there is out there! Mine says "conn" and having the eagle engraving has led me to this conclusion(both barely visible but still). I have another Conn eagle with a metals ring (for C melody), so yes it's Conn Eagle allright.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts