Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i ordered my musicmedic repair kit a week ago, how long does it take to arrive for you out there who have one.
(i know it will take a while longer since i am in the UK but i just need a rough time)

thanks, Dan

F

·
0 Posts
In my experience, shipping through UPS would take about a week.

Ask musicmedic if they've already dispatched the item. Sometimes, there's a delay if musicmedic doesn't have the item available at the time when you placed order.

Please let us know how this story ends. I'd like to order a repair kit from them as well.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Shipping of orders might have been slightly delayed due to the fact that Kurt was in Frankfurt Germany for the Musicmesse, and flew directly from Frankfurt to San Antonio last week for the NAPBIRT repair conference. His head technician/employee was also with him. (He's going to kill me as his name suddenly escapes me.) He is a very bright young man and very knowledgable. In essence, Music Medic was 1/2 staffed for the last 2 weeks.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
Write and ask them, Dan. They are not very good about letting you know if something is backordered. I paid for a pad set on March 15th and still haven't received all the pads. I wasn't told that they were not in stock when I ordered them, and so far I have gotten two partial shipments and am still waiting for the last few pads. I got a shipment notice on the 16th of this month that I haven't received yet that I hope will have the last of the pads.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
[email protected]

It surprises me Saintsday that Curt and Co. would send a partial shipment on a set of sax pads. If it were my compoany, I would call the customer and explain the situation, and give them the option of receiving an incomplete set, or waiting until the entire set was available for shipment.

Situations like this is why I always ask if items ordered are in stock or on backorder. This includes all suppliers, and manufacturer orders. I hate surprises more than my customers hate surprises. :shock:

Perhaps due to our being on the east coast, we usually receive our orders in 48-72 hours.

·
5,183 Posts
I was a little surprised myself, Jerry.

Based on great previous experience I took the initial shipment to my tech and didn't even open the package until I got there. It was only when my tech called a few days later and told me he was missing some pads that I looked at the packing slip and saw that several sizes were back ordered.

I have great respect for Curt and his staff, have recommended them to
others, and only meant to illustrate that even a very competent and reputable vendor doesn't always deliver instant gratification.

I will do business with them again. I really like the look of their white roo pads on silver horns.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Stuff from Curt usually comes in in 24-48 hours but heck, he's not that far from me! :D I get the same fast service from JL Smith Co. Sometimes it's nice to be stuck in the middle! :) ;) :cool:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,081 Posts
SearjeantSax said:
hi, i ordered my musicmedic repair kit a week ago, how long does it take to arrive for you out there who have one.
Lucky you - I must be a victim of a considerable pad shortage; I'm waiting for over eight weeks now. I'd be happy with a partial shipment as I have the odd spare in my rummage box, but nothing so far... :(

·
Registered
229 Posts
Takes about 2-3 days to Canada. Ordered a set of 'roo pads and gold resos a while back. Got them in 3 days. (No charge for shipping). One of the pads didn't fit. Emailed and got another pad in the mail 3 days later. No charge. His man Friday's name is Matt, Jerry. Also Kurt is spelled Curt. ;) Oh, I get it!- He was in Germany so you spelled it 'Kurt' the 2nd time. Good one Jerr.
Hans

·
5,183 Posts
Update: I just got a shipment of one pad from my order of March 15. 3 weeks ago I asked about the status of the back ordered pads (3 at that time),
and was told they would be available in two weeks. The packing slip in my one pad delivery shows two pads of the same size, 33mm, still back ordered.
Ironically, that is the specific size I asked about 3 weeks ago when I was asking when I would receive my last three pads.
If you need a pad set quickly, based on this experience, you better be sure they have them in stock when you place your order.
I'll post further updates.

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,738 Posts
saintsday said:
Update: I just got a shipment of one pad from my order of March 15. 3 weeks ago I asked about the status of the back ordered pads (3 at that time),
and was told they would be available in two weeks. The packing slip in my one pad delivery shows two pads of the same size, 33mm, still back ordered.
Ironically, that is the specific size I asked about 3 weeks ago when I was asking when I would receive my last three pads.
If you need a pad set quickly, based on this experience, you better be sure they have them in stock when you place your order.
I'll post further updates.
Sounds like they've devised a variant of the "Chinese water torture".

·
5,183 Posts
Torture is right. This is for the silver/gold Couesnon alto. I really want to finish and play that horn.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Bass Sax Boss
1,816 Posts
The problem with using odd pads or resonators on any saxophone is getting replacements to match the rest of the set, and replacements will inevitably be necessary. Do you want to put your career on hold while you wait for parts?
Also, it seems some internet music dealers spend a lot of time away from home at conventions, etc. I can understand trying to stir up more business, but when the customers you already have suffer because of poor service, it's not a good thing.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have used Music Medic a few times and shipping has been ten days max and i am in Australia.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts