Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide input on some notable schools where one can get a graduate degree in music technology? Does anybody have a master's in this field? How is the job market?

Many thanks!

·
SOTW Administrator
26,217 Posts
What's music tecnology?

Recording?
'Computer' music?
educational music technology?

·
SOTW Administrator
26,217 Posts
AFAIK the University of Miami has the finest program in audio technology, but it would be a good idea to have a strong electrical engineering background along with music training for that one.

I was interested at one time in getting a graduate degree in Recording technology. (I studied recording tecnology in an Associate program at IU). By this time IU probably has a graduate degree in recording technology. When I was there, Jack Wilkins (he teaches somewhere in Florida now) was a grad student, and he had recording technology as a cognate field.

There are several universities that have grad programs in educational technology, which of course would include multimedia presentation.

There's plenty out there. Just find a place with a good fit.

·
Distinguished Member
57 Posts
University of Michigan has a really great Music Technology program, but they call it Performing Arts Technology.

The Master's Degree is an M.A. in Media Arts. It's a pretty cool, open-minded program, and you can sort of go where you want with it. I definitely recommend checking it out.

I got into both the Media Arts and Saxophone Performance master's programs this last year, but I am going to France on a Fulbright for next year. I'll probably be reapplying for both next year.

·
Distinguished Member
57 Posts
Oh yeah... their facilities are absolutely top notch. Go and audition and go on the technology tour, and be blown away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts