Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to take the work car for the gig (it had fuel!) so took all the gear out of the wagon and placed on the carport floor for a few minutes.
Anyway, I now have a new music stand without tyre marks on it. The new one is built like a tank, so I thought I'd add a few luxuries, such as a a shelf for all the odds and ends, (mp cover , recorder, tuner, beer, etc) but couldn't find anything on the market.
What's out there, or what SHOULD be out there to make life easier. I mean a bare stand is like an armchair without a remote!
nicko

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nest shelf

K & M Makes a great shelf from felt lined wood with a substantial clamp which will hold it to any music stand / mic stand. It was about $50.

·
Forum Contributor 2009 & Mouthpiece Patch Mogul
4,054 Posts
I`d like to know this too - being a technofreak, I`m using a tablet pc with mini keyboard running Sibelius instead of a big thick, cumbersome, book to hold my sheets. I intend to use a foot switch to stop/start and one more to have the page scroll up as needed (during a rest). I have it all worked out in my head but haven`t seen anything available to do this, I was going to make or adapt something. Another thing, I was going to run the cables through the centre of the upright tube. Obviously, I want it strong and stable (to hold no more than 3kg) but as slim as possible to make it discrete.

Whatever you turn up in your research I`d be glad to hear about.

Cheers.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am surprised there does not exist or if any products, very few of them. I googled K&M and found a site that sells the stand but not attachments (shelves, holders, etc.). I get tired of putting a tuner or pencil (to mark up sheet music) or "stuff" on the floor by the sax stand etc. Does anyone know of suppliers for (I'm thinking ) say a clip on shelf. I've debated buying huge clips and attaching angle aluminum or something lightweight but relatively sturdy to the clips. Like old fashioned paper binder clips, only huge ones with angle aluminum welded, superglued, or screwed onto the binder clips to put on the bottom lip of the music stand. I've seen the water holder (or beer holder depending on your type of music) that attaches to the post of the music stand. I'm picturing a clip on devise to the bottom of the actual music stand.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
wwbw.com carries a lot of that. Give them a call.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good link, Gary. Freight's a bit heavy to this corner of the globe, but there are certainly some good ideas. Don't know about a drink holder without insulation, beer wouldn't stay cold for a set :D
BTW I got a few "mighty bright" LED clip on lights, just enough light and the batteries last for ages
nicko

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,120 Posts
Shop for a "percussion" shelf or stand. They make them to fit mic stands, cymbol stands, and they come with a variety of options.....
Peace

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008,
3,908 Posts
Its not collapsible, but Wenger makes a nice heavy duty stand with a shelf at the bottom for stuff. We have them in one of the band centers here at Ohio State, great stands, and holding up to abuse very well (they're about 10 years old).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts