Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
after many years being Android user, I finally converted to iOS.
Got an iPhone. Love it...

Want to ask iPhone users here, what music related apps are you using?

Name and if name not says what it is plz a brief description.

Happy New 2019!
Michael.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There's iReal Pro; if you do a search here, you'll find many threads about it. It costs $13, and it's pretty versatile. If you use an aux cord to connect it to a stereo, it sounds good enough; if you don't, it's probably not worth it. ;)

https://irealpro.com/

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
1,324 Posts
Cleartune is a great tuning app. Just a couple bucks. There is also a great metronome app, but the name escapes me at the moment. You can build multiple set lists in it.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I use iReal Pro as well. it's a great practice tool.

Inise forScore for various fakebooks and a big band I sub with has gone "electronic" so all parts are available on a Google drive share.

I also use Iris Tuner and Pro Metronome. Both are basic and relatively cheap.

There's a few others, but I don't have my iPad handy and I use an Android phone.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
There are many many great apps. Depends what you are into. iRealPro is a popular one, Metronomics, Moog Filtatron, Beatmaker, Korg Gadget, Yonac ToneStack which is a good multi-effects app, and a whole host of synths like ODYSSEi, Poison, Magellan, Bismark BS-16i (rompler that works with Soundfont files), Mood, Moog Model D, Animoog, iMonoPoly, iWavestation, JamSynth (free guitar synth also works on sax), Yonac's Galileo which is an amazing Hammond organ emulation complete with a great Leslie effect...

One thing to watch out for, there are some apps that are iPad only like Arturia iProphet, iSem, etc. Also, Korg iM1 will open within Gadget on iPhone but you can open it as a standalone app on iPad.

ToneStack is really cool, because you can setup a multi-effects chain to run the sax through if you have a good audio interface. So you can run chorus, delay, envelope filter, reverb... very easy to create and save an effects chain and you just tap to switch the individual effects on and off. I run a similar setup on my laptop, which I like a bit better. The iPhone rig is a great back-up though. Moog Filtatron is a great app that you can get a lot of crazy effects with. Excellent sound.

There's an iPad musician Facebook group where you can learn a lot about this stuff including what apps are on-sale.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am using Rocket Player on Android for playing back ...
I have a big fonts list and stop after each track.
Basically, all what is needed for live.
Simple and nice interface.
Should be something similar on Apple.
Do you use/know one ?
Thx.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
UnReal Book for fake books and other sheet music, insTuner for a decent, free tuner, and iUke (I'm trying to learn Ukulele). I used to have a Theremin app for fun, but I forgot the name of it.

Years ago I wrote a chord reference app for my Windows phone that played any chord and showed it on a piano keyboard. You could also tap to play the keyboard and record/playback whatever you played. But I don't use Windows Phone much anymore.

·
Registered
718 Posts
YouTube, Spotify and SoundCloud for music listening.

Cleartune, Amazing Slow Downer, iReal Pro, Anytune Pro, Tempo for practice.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And all that... GOOD.
thx.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here are a couple of others that aren't listed above:

Anki - It's a flashcard app that I use to review tunes and licks.
Drum Genius - Some nice jazz drum tracks. Nice alternative to just a metronome sometimes.
SessionBand (Jazz) - More realistic than iRealPro.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
1,324 Posts
Took a look at my phone today. The metronome app is Tempo Advance. It was written by a working Broadway musician. Again, just a couple bucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts