Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so first off, I hope I put this into the right place. If not, move it.

All right, right now I'm extremely pissed at Music and Arts. Ok, so first off, I buy a nice black lacquered 82z alto off its website. (Which I need right now for a performance in some weeks) I put on next day shipping, and checkout. In a few hours, a saleswoman calls saying that they have run out of stock.

THEY DID NOT PUT THIS ON THE WEBSITE! :evil:

She tells me that I have to wait until April 29, 26 days from now. So much for next day shipping!! Next, I called back and asked for a normal lacquered alto, because that's better than getting it 26 days later. This time it's a salesman. He says that he does have a black 82z in stock! However, he's pretty confused about it, so I call again in hopes of getting someone else who knows about it. It's a saleswoman. She finally clarifies that there is one, however two orders were placed on it. She tells me that I have to wait until tomorrow to clarify who got it.

JUST CHOOSE THE ONE WHO ORDERED IT SOONER! :evil:

Sorry if I'm raging too much about a pretty insignificant thing, but this is way too much hassle for me to just get a sax.

Moral: If you don't want to much hassle to order a sax, don't choose M&A.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
. . . or don't wait until the last minute to order something that seems to be so urgent.

And don't be so desperate for a certain instrument that you are willing to take replacements for what you originally want from the same vendor just to meet a deadline. If it's a black lacquered 82Z you want, why settle for anything else? It's not like these are hard-to-get instruments. There are many other vendors out there with good, deep discounts. Why not call them?

Regarding calling, never rely on punching online buttons to get you what you want if it's that important. Always place the order telephonically and make sure the sales person checks with his/her inventory right then before placing the order. And get their name/telephone extension.

I'm sorry you're having a bad time with this, but I just can't help feeling that a lot of this angst was avoidable. Frankly, I give kudos to the vendor in that a salesperson caught the discrepancy regarding availability of the item so quickly, and even personally telephoned you. I would consider that excellent service.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
In my area, Music and Arts is only frequented by Moms renting band instruments for the first time...no respectable cats ever buy stuff from them.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,207 Posts
Worst--thread title----ever.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gary, sorry that I didn't explain this before, but my main sax (A Black 82z) broke a week ago and is still being fixed. I don't have a backup. That's why it was last minute. It is my fault, I admit, after all I didn't have a backup.

But you have to admit, not having the "out of stock" message on their website is pretty bad. Plus the fact that they were confused about their stock, which they shouldn't be.

I am already moving to a different store to get the 82z.

Thanks for the advice.
(Yofis, I totally agree)

·
SOTW Administrator
26,207 Posts
When I saw the thread, I wasn't thinking of a music store.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,204 Posts
Good Grief. Take a freakin' Chill Pill.
Internet 'stores' don't update their inventory HOURLY. If they say "IN STOCK" on the site page it's always in your best interest to call and make ABSOLUTELY SURE that the item you want is in fact IN STOCK.
Then you can order right then and there over the phone, or go back and order online.

Instead of ranting and raving about Music and Arts, you should be thankful that the very nice sales lady let you know the horn you wanted was out of stock within hours instead of days or weeks. It's not hard to cancel your order and go 'shopping' at some other 'store'.
Use this as a 'learning experience'.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Grief. Take a freakin' Chill Pill.
Internet 'stores' don't update their inventory HOURLY. If they say "IN STOCK" on the site page it's always in your best interest to call and make ABSOLUTELY SURE that the item you want is in fact IN STOCK.
Then you can order right then and there over the phone, or go back and order online.

Instead of ranting and raving about Music and Arts, you should be thankful that the very nice sales lady let you know the horn you wanted was out of stock within hours instead of days or weeks. It's not hard to cancel your order and go 'shopping' at some other 'store'.
Use this as a 'learning experience'.
Just a question, how often do they update normally? According to the saleslady, it had been out for way more than just an hour (couple days), and it still doesn't say that it's out of stock. Sorry about the ranting and raving, I know that they are a good company. The stress is probably getting to me. ("takes deep breath") :)

Sorry.

(Wow I screwed the title)

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Just a question, how often do they update normally? According to the saleslady, it had been out for way more than just an hour (couple days), and it still doesn't say that it's out of stock.
adfdfeadfdfe, I wouldn't know the answer to this but my bottom line is that I simply don't trust any of these megastores to be up-to-date so I always call, and I think that's the real answer, vs. trying to second-guess the stores.

I recently made a purchase from MusicFactoryDirect.com and telephoned them, placing my order online. I found out that the item, which was still up on their web page, was out at the B&S USA distributor. While I was still on the phone, the salesman called B&S directly and found that out, as well as letting me know of an alternative which was in stock, should I want it instead. I ordered the alternate and it arrived on my doorstep about four days later.

I recommend to everyone to already be prepared to ask certain questions before ever dialing, to talk personally to a salesperson, and to be polite, yet a little assertive. Hope this helps.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,204 Posts
Some do it weekly, some bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly....
It depends on the size of the 'store', how quickly stock is moving, if they have the personel available to do the updating.

I waited almost a year for a double clarinet case that I ordered from WWBW.
Every time I called it was 'on back order'. I would get mine as soon as they had shipped to the people ahead of me.
The whole time I was waiting the site still said "IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP".

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,978 Posts
In my area, Music and Arts is only frequented by Moms renting band instruments for the first time...
And guys who like to meet moms renting band instruments for the first time...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts