Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with this duet by Ryo Noda. Has it been recorded, can somone describe the piece to me, what is the difficulty? I was looking for duets and I love Ryo Noda, but I haven't heard of this piece.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm not too familiar with it, but it's recorded at least by Goury/Bertocchi on "En Toute Amitie" along with a bunch of other bangin' duets.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have that album, and it does have Murasaki No Fuchi 1 on it. I'm afraid I haven't really listened to it, though. I'll have to check it out when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
It sounds like two people playing Noda's Mai together but starting in different spots.

I think that Goury/Bertocchi CD is the only recording of Murasaki No Fuchi

Angel

·
Registered
553 Posts
I performed the duo last year. Personally I really enjoy the work, particularly the slow section with sustained intervals between the two parts. The work can also be played in a number of combinations not just two altos. My friend and I went for the sop/tenor option which I much prefer to the two altos. It's quite a long work at approx 10 minutes, but its a work that the audience really seemed to enjoy. Our duet concert featured Lauba, Poulenc and Hindemith amongst others, but the most positive feedback we got was for the Noda. I really like the tone colour contrast with the sop/tenor combo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts