Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a certain type of lig that can fit both larger HR alto pieces, as well as smaller metal alto pieces.

Right now, I have a Rousseau and a link for my alto, and I don't like the lig for my link. So I was wondering if there was a solution where One lig could fit both of my pieces.

-kaplac

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,912 Posts
Rubber bands and shoelaces could do it. Pre-manufactured might be a tough fit. Hr soprano and metal alto can be close enough to share, but HR alto to metal link alto is a pretty big difference in size.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, ok

So there isn't a simple premade alternative to a single lig for multi sided mouthpieces.

That sucks, well then whats a good alternative ligature for small metal pieces like my link?

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,890 Posts
The Ligaphone ligature is totally adjustable for any mouthpiece, but I've never liked them...The FF Tension ring would work too, up to a point.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the other replies.

I can't seem to find the broco-lig on google, but I found the ligaphone which looks kinada funky. And The FF tension ring.

I think I may give the FF tension ring a try.

thanks

·
4,147 Posts
the broco-lig is the rubber band that holds brocoli together when you buy it in the store.

·
3,875 Posts
The only ligature I can use on 2 different types of mouthpieces is one that fits on small metal tenor pieces will fit a HR soprano MPC. Other than that I have to have a different one for each of: Large Metal Tenor, HR Tenor, HR Alto, Metal Alto, HR Soprano.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts