Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an P Mauriat alto (unlaq'd) that I loved the sound right out of the box. After a gig on Saturday, I found that the stock mouthpiece had cracked at the area that attaches to the neck! It is still in one piece and I didn't notice any problems playing. I actually prefer this stock mpc to the Selmer C* I have used for years as it seems more free blowing for the horn. If I glue this back together before it falls apart, will I have sucess? Or should I not bother 'cause it'll break again? Or should I just get a new mpc to go with? I've still got the Selmer but would like something a bit more open. Any advice?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
3,320 Posts
The best bet when that sort of thing happens is for a tech to put a (brass) ring around it to hold it together. Glue might work for awhile, but ultimately it will crack again.

Im not familiar with the stock mauriat pieces. I doubt they are particularly exotic and its probably cheaper to get a replacement, I hear that their customer service is very good.

As for non C* replacements, well, "the world is your oyster", there is a bewildering range to choose from and try out, and much advice has been freely given in thousands of other threads here and elsewhere...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts