Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I recently has buyed a Martin "The Martin Alto", Sn 169xxx a real nice horn... I love it. But I dont have mpc.... I mainly play Tenor and I am a bit confused with the Alto mpc world... ;-)
I am looking for a easy mpc, with a "cannonball" sound. I want this alto for play more at my home for that reason is important get a mpc with not a lot of volume... I am thinking in get a standar moderm Meyer 5M or 6M with ZZ 2.5 or 3. Are Meyer large chambers? I suposse the martin with goes better with large chambers pieces.
What can be the best option? (in a low cost mpc)
Meyer? Meyer G? Otto link HR? MOrgans?....

Thanks all !

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,030 Posts
Selmer Super Session is my choice for my Martins and Conns. The chamber is slightly larger and the facing is as long as some Tenor pieces. Loud.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My preferences are Blues, R&B, jazz standars...
The stock mouthpieces more easy to get are Meyer and perhaps vandorens...
I will go to see the super sessions....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,247 Posts
Buy a Runyon Custom from www.sax-plus.com
It is a very good and versatile mouthpiece at a very nice price. With the spoiler, it can be very forceful and with the spoiler removed it can be used at home.
I have bought several times from sax-plus and can recommend him. Right now, he has some very good offers on mouthpieces.
Note added: If you use .105 on tenor, I will propose that you go for a #8 in Runyon (.083)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Here's another vote for the Selmer Super Session on The Martin - nice large chamber and great sound. A Morgan 7M also works very well, in my experience, but I think that you may have easier access to Selmer stock pieces where you are.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,207 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Other mpc I has seen in junkdude is the new HR V16... seems to have a nice medium-large chamber... and hava a nice price.
Other is the same mpc but modified by Erik G. from mouthpieceguys... any impression about it?

In ebay I see the GW new york meyer copy that seems a good option too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts