Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a mpc for a Conn 10m which is focusing the spread low register of my Conn ....that I got .....that I got some "punch" in the low register

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,320 Posts
A ponzol M2 worked well for me.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I play a Brian Powell cleaned STM on my silver '50s 10M, and I also used to play a Vando Blue Java on my '62 10M unlacquered tenor. No qualm whatsoever ;)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I like my Sakshama refaced modern STM 7* on my '48 NRTH. Nice punchy but full bottom end, since that is what the OP wanted. When pushed, my PhilTone TE gives the much the same sound, but darker in the middle.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor
4,379 Posts
I've used Broadus, HR and metal Links, Hite Artist. All worked fine. But the Tenney Jazzmaster I'm using now is the best 'piece I've ever used on my 1936 10M. It can add a little edge when needed.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was not very happy with my Large chamber Link maybe I need something more focused

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Morgan 8*EL is amazing on Conns! A little clearer and more focused/powerful than links, but still very flexible.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Another vote for the rubber V16. The price is right. I moved from a 7 to an 8, I found the larger tip was more spread. So if you're looking for focus, try the 7 or 6. I'm playing on a Ponzol M1 now, it's just such a versatile piece, worth trying if you can find one.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,247 Posts
Reminds me of the tune "Anything goes"

·
Registered
32 Posts
SRT fusion & Barone jazz hollywood for rock & jazz... focuses the big Conn sound with easy altisissimo Works well for me for any occasion.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
29,287 Posts
Reminds me of the tune "Anything goes"
Yes, most mouthpieces work very well with a 10M, personally I wouldn't like a Link but then it's whatever works for you. It's all very subjective.

EDIT:

I would normally recommend a PPT (designed for a 10M) , which is what I use, but you can't get them at the moment.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I use a new old stock Runyon made of Conn Comet blanks. I was told that the Conn Comets were issued with the 10M's of my vintage (late 1940's). My horn plays in tune, projects and has a nice spread sound.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts