Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noted that a couple of my posts in sax repair and maintenance were "moved.' My question is; where are "moved" posts moved to? Are they dumped? Hidden? Accessible?

Thanks

TFlanster

·
SOTW Administrator
26,205 Posts
When posts are moved, most times there is a redirect. However, the redirect has an expiration.

If the thread has been deleted, then it has just 'disappeared', generally for breaking one or more rules.

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
Administrator note.

Hakukani is correct. At the risk of sounding preachy, I would like all those new members who have had their posts moved to the correct sub forums for the given topic to take more time selecting where they post their threads. It should be quite obvious that there is a problem with this if multiple posts from the same OP have had to be moved.

I posted an announcement discussing this increasingly troublesome issue as a sticky, however it has apparently gone largely unnoticed and unheeded.:(

It isn't the end of the world, however it does add needlessly to the staff's workload.

·
Administrator Emerita
11,597 Posts
Also (to make it even more preachy :toothy9: ) in the case that an admin moved one of your threads while omitting to include a redirect, you can still keep track of your posts and threads on your user profile page (example: tflanste's profile) and clicking “Find all posts” or “Find all started threads”.

You can also subscribe to a thread by clicking on the “Thread tool” menu at the top of each thread or choose to automatically subscribe to threads that you post to via
My settings > My Account > General settings > Messaging & Notification > Default Thread Subscription Mode

Afterwards, you can see and follow your subscription just by clicking on the “settings” link at the top right of the forum (right next to the Log-out link)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts