Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently i have come into posession of a yts 82z. previously i had owned a yts 23. For the 23, i used a selmer c* and it worked just fine. With the 82z, i feel there is more resistance and i feel i need a mouthpiece with a wider bore or opening or whatever its called, but i dont know what type of mouthpiece to get. I play classical, if that helps at all. Also, i would like to try out jazzy type playing. I want to sound like the saxophone from George Michael's "Careless whisper". Can any of you suggest anything? Thank you!

Cristopher D. Johnson

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
2,090 Posts
Although it's normal, when switching from one horn to another, to encounter a difference in resistance and feel, often this can be caused by leaks or bad adjustments causing the horn to play with seemingly more resistence. Be sure to take your 82Z to a good tech and have him/her check it out before experimenting with mouthpieces. Also, give yourself some time to adjust to the new horn.

·
Registered
494 Posts
After I got my 82z, I tried out some new mouthpieces on it. I liked the Vandoren TL4 best, but if you come from a C*, the TL3 might be a better match. Both are excellent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts