Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years I've accumulated a few mouthpieces that I don't play. Current setups are Wolfe Tayne 10 on tenor, stock rubber Meyer 8 on alto, metal Bari 8 on soprano; I like those a lot.

I have some tenor pieces: a Berg 130/0/M, Yani metal 9, FL Link 5, NY Link .95 refaced (the links are pre 1955 I think). The Links I'll probably never play, but the NYC one I think I need to keep, I bought it for $450 from my college teacher's widow a few years back.

There's a couple alto mouthpieces that might be of interest to classical players though. One is a short shank B with screw-type (kind of like Link) ligature, in new and un-played condition (looks to me anyway). I think it came new with my silver 1954 series 1 Mk VI, that's how I got it. Another is a metal C* (although the stamp looks like it says O*), interesting bore, it's perfectly round, also from the 50's *I think*. I have no idea where it came from.

There's a few other altos: couple of S 80's, VanDoren A75, Lakey 7*3, a metal one that says Goldberg & Co Chicago on it (it really sucks! -- for me anyway). A metal Link 7* that I once modified by myself long ago with epoxy putty, sounds weird but I probably played on it for 10 years, but that was over 20 years ago (could that thing be poisonous?). I kind of doubt they'd be worth anything to anyone, but I don't know much about it.

Do you think the 2 alto pieces would be interesting to anybody? I kind of hate to keep them in a box in the closet if they're something that someone would actually want. If so, what do you think they're worth? I haven't kept up with the mouthpiece market, I've been playing my tenor setup for almost 30 years. Actually, follow-on question: I need to repair the teeth rest on the Tayne, how do people do that?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,578 Posts
Pictures of the Links would help people give you approximate values, or at least tell you exactly what you have.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,578 Posts
Well... if I'm not mistaken... those are both Double Rings... big, big $ here man. I won't throw and #s at you, but I'm sure there are people here who can give you a good idea of what they're worth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts