Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My main piece is the Barone Jazz, however I play the Guardala Crescent about 25% of the time on gigs. The throat of the Guardala is much smaller, therefore the cork compresses to much for a good fit on the Jazz. Is it better to bore out the small one or try an add some material to the larger one? And how? / what? Also, my bite plate material on the Guardala Laser cut grows!!! I've had to trim the edges with a pen knife a few times at the cost of a few finish scratches. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a substitute material? How to fix it?

Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,147 Posts
get your cork replaced to fit the small one if it doesn't already. Then, just wrap some paper around the cork to use the big one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mojo; That's what I'm doing. Seems strange to me that this material fault occurs with a semi custom piece.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Put a good bite patch over it and you can stop messing with it. Don't try to bore the Guardala out any further, the shank is pretty thin to begin with. It might end up a costly mistake. The paper covers cork with the Barone piece gets a resounding second here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts