Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a broke college kid, and I've been playing alto with a Selmer S80 C*, the nicest mouthpiece I could really afford, and someone stole it. I can't really even afford a new C*, does anyone have any suggestions for what would be an o.k. cheaper replacement? or is anyone selling a used C* or something like it?

Thank you so much, this is a bit of a bummer, as all I have left is a sad dead chipped up Yamaha 4C.

Ruby

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,343 Posts
I might have something...let me look. Best of all free...its not a Selmer but I will put a good facing on it. The only condition is that you practice and if you get rich some day you have to send me a bunch of money as I will be old and my hands crippled. I will get back to you in a few.

·
1,596 Posts
I might have something...let me look. Best of all free...its not a Selmer but I will put a good facing on it. The only condition is that you practice and if you get rich some day you have to send me a bunch of money as I will be old and my hands crippled. I will get back to you in a few.
Man such a nice guy Phil. your a gift to the Sax world

·
13,343 Posts
Ruby fell asleep at his computer...dreaming of lost mouthpieces.

Thieves suck. I am in the middle of doing some facing and chamber surgery on a student blank.

Ruby is going to have the biggest sounding Bundy ever. LOL

...Just paying a little karmic debt...I have plenty to pay!

·
13,343 Posts
Ok, the mouthpiece is done but I need to hear from Ruby about tone.

New facing, thinner rails, enlarged chamber...I also turned the square chamber into a horseshoe since I think square chambers suck!

Ha! I Just played this thing against a Selmer Short Shank Soloist...you guys would not believe how close it is...its a modern student Bundy. Its a FrankenBundy :mrgreen:

PM me Ruby.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much! Oh wow, so mostly classical, I really liked the warmer tone I got from the Selmer, but I still do like to be able to mess around with jazz, just really not my strength. You are a saviour, thank you!

·
13,343 Posts
Ive never been called a saviour but you are welcome. Im happy to help and I felt like the challenge of making a silk purse from a sows ear. I think you will like it. In the least it will hold you over for a while.

PM or Email your address and I will get it off in the mail in tomorrow or Saturday as I have a batch to pack up tomorrow.

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
And some people say SOTW is negative..

Prolonged applause for Sigmund451.

·
3,524 Posts
I also turned the square chamber into a horseshoe since I think square chambers suck!
I totally agree with this statement. I have never got along with those things. It makes me happy to see people helping each other out like this :) .

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
631 Posts
well done Phil for paying it forward. God bless!

·
Registered
432 Posts
:grouphug: This makes me smile.

uh .. oh no! Someone - er - stole my saxophones! All of them! They were all mint conditions mk 6s that were gold plated for some reason!

anyone?

anyone?

well, I had to try :rabbit:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts