Sax on the Web Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I have the peg from post #9, but the version with 4 rows. it’s really well made. I keep mine inside a UV blocking acrylic box (a display case for baseballs I found on eBay). It both protects it against dust and I do hope it may slow down light effects on hard rubber oxidation. I’ve only had it for about 6 months so can’t tell yet. In any case I only have a couple rubber pieces, mostly a metal collector/player.

·
Registered
Alto: Buescher Aristocrat, Tenor: Yanagisawa T880, Bari: Selmer La Voix II
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
we'll need some felt...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,249 Posts
Some years ago, I bought a box of mixed mouthpieces on ebay, including a cornet and a trumpet mouthpiece. They turned out to be useful for storing a sax mpc repaired with epoxy or superglue.

·
Registered
593 Posts
My wife has something like this only vintage. We picked it up from a garage sale. She uses it for crafts but I have been plotting...

·
Registered
Alto: Buescher Aristocrat, Tenor: Yanagisawa T880, Bari: Selmer La Voix II
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
fwiw - im making a 6 peg version with 12mm dowel

wont leave MPCs out (except maybe the metal berg collection) but will load up for practice sessions

·
Registered
3 Posts
What about using something that can adapt to different bores, such as a neck saver?
image.jpg
Of course, it’ll be a bit fussy cutting it to length and working out how to fix it to the base, and preventing the exposed wiry ends from stabbing you every time you use it. But, isn’t that part of the fun of a craft project?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts