Sax on the Web Forum banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Going to order now. I had some of these as a sample ages ago and they lasted better than anything else. I am currently using Gorilla tape which is presumably toxic ..

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Going to order now. I had some of these as a sample ages ago and they lasted better than anything else. I am currently using Gorilla tape which is presumably toxic ..
Well that was quick (order 1004 - arrives next day 1145). Thank you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Patches arrived today and they look great. Shipping was fast (got here faster than it takes to send something to the next state...go figure). Thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Well, over three years (!) after Mike sent me two patches to test, I finally stuck one on my mouthpiece tonight (kept mislaying them, then never got round to testing) after playing. So still not tried Mike's but at least I stuck one on, after removing my usual type and cleaning the gunk off the mouthpiece!

·
Forum Contributor 2012-2015
757 Posts
Got my FAM mouthpiece patches today. They are exactly what I wanted and needed. A mouthpiece patch that is super thin, stays in place and provides grippy surface for top teeth.

Thanks Mike for a wonderful product.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
27 Posts
I heard mouthpiece patches help people switching from a double lip embouchure to a single lip with teeth on mouthpiece. It cushions the teeth as if the top lip would.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Mike,
I've been using your patches since you first started selling them and would recommend them to any Sax player. As they do my collection of mouthpieces is growing so I need to order some more, they are a great product,
Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just PayPal'd you Mike - hoping your patches can withstand my rodent teeth because not much else can! If this fails, I'll be rounding them off with heavy-duty sandpaper.

eeeeeeeeehhhhh........

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,183 Posts
I heard mouthpiece patches help people switching from a double lip embouchure to a single lip with teeth on mouthpiece. It cushions the teeth as if the top lip would.
That is probably true, but Mike's patches are thin. To do what you want, get two patches. A thick soft patch (black ones) and put one of Mike's on top for your teeth.

·
Forum Contributor 2009 & Mouthpiece Patch Mogul
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Mike, are they the same size for all sax types? I need 5 alto and five tenor.
Thanks, David
Yes, the same size. We all have approximately the same size mouths after all :)

I can answer that. There is one size. They work just fine on both tenor and alto.
Thanks Houndawg :)

That is probably true, but Mike's patches are thin. To do what you want, get two patches. A thick soft patch (black ones) and put one of Mike's on top for your teeth.
Yes, absolutely true, so I hear! Thanks soybean.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Mike,

Hope patches are still available? They're the best I've ever come across, and I've run out! Have you got them into any music stores local to Bristol yet?

Thanks,

David

101 - 120 of 152 Posts