Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After marching band season was over, my alto rascher mouthpiece was in pretty disgusting condition. I put it in boiling water first and then scrubbed it with soap, rinsed it, dryed it and put it back in my case. After a couple days i take it out of my case to find it green! The mouthpiece seems to play ok, but will it stay green? Please reply, thanks.

· Registered
1,578 Posts
Never put a hard rubber piece in boiling water. Cold water is the best. Even luke warm water may effect the facing.

Every week I take non-peroxide toothpaste and brush my mouthpieces then rinse it with cold water.

· Registered
506 Posts
I've washed my S80 D with warm water once.. It was green too.
I just asked around on this forum and got a tip from someone to wash it with olive oil. So I did and now it's nice and black again. (Had to wash it a few times though)

· Registered
805 Posts
crazybari09 said:
After marching band season was over, my alto rascher mouthpiece was in pretty disgusting condition. I put it in boiling water first and then scrubbed it with soap, rinsed it, dryed it and put it back in my case. After a couple days i take it out of my case to find it green! The mouthpiece seems to play ok, but will it stay green? Please reply, thanks.
I have to ask; Does this mean you only clean your mp seasonally???:shock: :dazed: :tongue2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.