Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After marching band season was over, my alto rascher mouthpiece was in pretty disgusting condition. I put it in boiling water first and then scrubbed it with soap, rinsed it, dryed it and put it back in my case. After a couple days i take it out of my case to find it green! The mouthpiece seems to play ok, but will it stay green? Please reply, thanks.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Never put a hard rubber piece in boiling water. Cold water is the best. Even luke warm water may effect the facing.

Every week I take non-peroxide toothpaste and brush my mouthpieces then rinse it with cold water.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I've washed my S80 D with warm water once.. It was green too.
I just asked around on this forum and got a tip from someone to wash it with olive oil. So I did and now it's nice and black again. (Had to wash it a few times though)

·
Registered
29 Posts
My friend did that to his. Apparently it's just the boiling water. He said his has never affected his playing. BTW, my old teacher said she soaks her's in lemon juice. Just a thought.

·
Registered
800 Posts
crazybari09 said:
After marching band season was over, my alto rascher mouthpiece was in pretty disgusting condition. I put it in boiling water first and then scrubbed it with soap, rinsed it, dryed it and put it back in my case. After a couple days i take it out of my case to find it green! The mouthpiece seems to play ok, but will it stay green? Please reply, thanks.
I have to ask; Does this mean you only clean your mp seasonally???:shock: :dazed: :tongue2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts