1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all --

the Mouthpiece Museum has opened it's doors:

Mouthpiece Museum

I put all images online that I have received so far (minus some that didn't have good enough picture quality). I haven't posted much text yet as I thought it is more important to get the pictures online first. There is still a LOT missing, but please keep in mind that this is an ongoing effort, so check back regularly. Don't forget to check out the "Misc" tab at the bottom of the Mouthpieces links where I put in all (interesting) mpcs that don't have an own folder/link.

Next on my agenda are the Otto Link and Guardala pages. If you have pictures of Otto Link or Guardala mpcs, please send them to me so I can document the history of these mpcs! If you have other mouthpieces that are not displayed on the Mouthpiece Museum, grab your camera, make pics and send them to me! Thanks to all of you who sent me material already!

Cheers,
Gig

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,933 Posts
Excellent work, Gig'. Keep it up!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
Nice job. I'll get some pics off to you soon when my faster computer is cooking again.
BTW, someone has their Gregorys confused.

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
This is great. Thank you.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,933 Posts
saintsday said:
BTW, someone has their Gregorys confused.
Fear not, he has some pictures of a real Freddie Gregory in his box. :D

Nice work with the Lamberson "ghost" mouthpieces, too, Gig'. ;)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CountSpatula said:
Gee why does everyone think there is a T in my last name :( ;) Giga? Richey
Sorry about that!! I will post an updated version of the site soon.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,316 Posts
Gig: Excellent job! Thanks very much.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,206 Posts
Great job!

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,837 Posts
send pics of a rare mouthpiece I've just sold to a member, good job!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
3,204 Posts
great site, great work !

Site is a little slow in loading on my comp though, don't know the technical aspects of site design but might need some attention in the future.

Maybe you can think about a search function or so. If you get as much material as Saxpics will get, you better think about it now :D

I'll try to fetch a camera for some extra pics in the BergLarsen section. Should look up some history though, the 95/2/M is not the type, it's the tip opening / chamber (0-3) / facing (M = long, SMS = Short). He has different types, of which the duckbill is the most famous as far as I recall right.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,487 Posts
good stuff!
well done

oh, edit: I see the (now mine :D) strathon adjustatone at the bottom of the misc page, did you get that pic from cmelodysax?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Otto Link and Guardala PICTURES NEEDED!

Who's gonna help me document the history of Otto Link and Guardala mouthpieces for the Mouthpiece Museum?

If you have a vintage or not so vintage Otto Link or Guardala mouthpiece, I need your pictures!

This picture template gives the angles that are best, along with a white background.

Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts