Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have attained a "white" mouthpiece with a metal colar and sleeve halfway inside, it has an emblam with Bird open wings with 3 circles under the bird and a V shape on inner of front of the mouthpiece, I swapped a Vandoren A55 Jumbo for it,as i was having problems with the chamber size of the Jumbo.
Does anyone know what this mouthpiece is ? (my sax now sounds amazing with it)
I tried to add photo before, but to no avail.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Robert

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,953 Posts
I have moved to the mouthpiece section, I assumed at first glance it is alto, but then maybe it is soprano? Please confirm

BTW I think it is a ROC mouthpiece, the ones I've seen have a very distinctive V valley or other odd shape baffle, so pictures inside would be useful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My apologies, Yes it is an Alto mouthpiece, came from a 100 yr old sax player, so may be very old.
Will add photo of inner front right now

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
The last line of engraving seems to say England and above that it is something like xxarroad but it is hard to tell from the angle of the photograph

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,457 Posts
Take care of it since you like it - you may never find another one. I say, that is an odd interior design. I'd like to know more about it.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,953 Posts
Take care of it since you like it - you may never find another one. I say, that is an odd interior design. I'd like to know more about it.
I've seen loads of these knocking around in the bottom of mouthpiece drawers. I didn't realise they were rare.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,457 Posts
I'm guessing they have been out of production for a long time. Plus, anybody knows when you find a great mouthpiece, you don't assume that all of that type are great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As a begginer, that has a mixed musical background(bass,guitar,drums,vocal) i,ve taken to it quite quickly(though spending the time learning my 12 keys) having been used to hearing my cheap Elkhart 2 , with a small Selmer, The Vandoren blew me away, but? was too advanced for embochure for me, This? mouthpiece Gave an even flow of sweet sound, that even blew away my tutor,though my Low notes, or lowest were a tad wavey( not to worry said my tutor, as i need to adjust to it),, I,m in love, it's an amazing mouthpiece, for a begginer anyway, for sure :) . I have a Vandoren V25 just arrived also. Think the Sax bug has done more than bite me.
Glad to meet you all as it comes,glad to be here :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts