Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i currently play an FE Olds Ambassador tenor and am really having a great time with it. I was hoping to get a few insights on anyone who has played on this horn and what kind of mouthpiece you used. Right now I'm playing on a Lakey 6*3 hard rubber with Vandoren Java 3 to 3.5 reeds and am really liking the tone I'm getting from this set up. Im hoping to experiment with other pieces but i wanted to ask here to figure out where i would want to start. What is/was your set up with this horn(or similar)?

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,472 Posts
I played one of these back in the early 80's and used a Lakey 6*3 and then an Brilhart Levelair 7 for rock/funk.

For an inexpensive horn these are highly underrated.

B

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I played one of these back in the early 80's and used a Lakey 6*3 and then an Brilhart Levelair 7 for rock/funk.

For an inexpensive horn these are highly underrated.

B
That's pretty cool. I'm using it for funk too, but lately I've also been playing with a Latin/Cumbia/funk band and the horn is proving to be quite diverse. And indeed, I would agree that horns like these are underrated. It's really a great horn and I honestly like it better than my old mark VII.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts