Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
TOTM administrator
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this thing lying around for a while, and finally hung it up. It's technically a shot glass display case, but i cut out a few of the shelves to fit some tenor and bari mouthpieces. I'm quite pleased with it.

Green Window Azure Interior design Reed

Now, gonna have to find some cheap vintage pieces to fill it up a bit more! :D

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,320 Posts

·
TOTM administrator
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are hard rubber mouthpieces affected by sunlight? I keep mine in closed neoprene pouches just in case.
Prolonged can definitely cause some discoloring, as I've seen in a few. But this room gets 0 sunlight as it's in the basement with blackout curtains over the well window.

·
TOTM administrator
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a dangerous level of GAS if you have a trophy case displaying your purchases. That's a little too revealing for me. My wife would be looking through that glass asking which piece I could sell to go on our next vacation. Mine are safely stored in a dark hard to access area.
Haha I'm sure there will be some examination of it at some point, but I'm not worried. It'll be a nice display piece.

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's a dangerous level of GAS if you have a trophy case displaying your purchases. That's a little too revealing for me. My wife would be looking through that glass asking which piece I could sell to go on our next vacation. Mine are safely stored in a dark hard to access area.
No comment. ;) (My wife (who-knows-all and can definitely read my mind) worked in IT and is almost certainly reading this!)

·
TOTM administrator
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Affordable and Reliable Mouthpieces
745 Posts
Are hard rubber mouthpieces affected by sunlight? I keep mine in closed neoprene pouches just in case.
Yes, definitely. Some hard rubbers more than others. Depends on the formula I guess. Out of all the mouthpieces in my collection, the Selmers and Theo Wannes have been the most affected by sunlight.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts