Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
im looking for a decent mouthpiece for bari as well as tenor, i use my schools bari its a yamaha, not sure of model, and im just looking for that big fat bari sound. i was just wondering your opinions i am on a small budget for mpcs hopefully anyone knows about a good bari mpc from the $100-250 price range.

For my tenor which is a 60s king zephyr. i would like a new mpc bc the 2 that i have for tenor just dont feel right. the one i got for my other sax which is a 40s rene duval was a random $50 mpc that works great on the duval horn but the king is mpc picky, even the stock king one doesnt feel right! and was seeing what you guys thought? althought it might be that the horn was leaking and the pads were pretty shot its in the shop at the moment so i dont know how things will feel after. anyways since im on the mpc hunt might as well look at some options. the sound im looking for is like Sam Butera, that big fun sound since i wont be playing anything to complex and more fun listening songs. preferably for tenor i would not want to spend more than like 150 bucks.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,596 Posts
I see you are in Marin - get in to SF to Union Music on Market Street (near Gough). They have a bunch of mouthpieces you can try in their practice rooms (at least for tenor - I don't know how much they stock for bari). That way you can see what works best for you. Maybe try the Vandoren V16HR, some HR Links, some HR Bergs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts